Exam, Diagnosis & Treatment Plan
At Vard Dental we will start with an examination of your mouth. This examination or check-up is aimed at helping you keep your mouth healthy and your teeth in the condition that suits you. At each check-up, Vard Dental will:
- Examine your teeth, gums and mouth which may include x-rays.
- Conduct an oral cancer check.
- Ask about your general health and any problems you’ve had with your teeth, mouth or gums since your last visit.
- Ask about, and where appropriate, provide advice on healthy habits or identify habits which may be causing oral health problems e.g. smoking.
- Identify any potential problems which may be starting and suggest appropriate treatments e.g. tooth decay.
- Identify the root cause of any pain or problem which you may be experiencing and suggest appropriate treatments e.g. an untreated cavity.
- Listen to your concerns about your teeth e.g. you might want to restore a chipped tooth.
- Provide you with an overall treatment plan which will address both the immediate issues, treat potential problems and outline treatment which can help to restore your teeth
- Provide advice on your oral hygiene
- Discuss with you a date for your next visit.